Mental note number one: no matter how good you THINK you feel while 8 weeks pregnant, don't take a cake decorating class! Oh my goodness, I have never wanted to crawl under a rock so bad in my life [well, wait, maybe I have], but it was terrible nonetheless. I think the majority of the problem was the fact that Michaels neglected to cool the cake decorating room very well. Granted, I realize it was 90+ degrees outside, but come on, cool the store! It had to have been 80. I was miserable before I sat down. I should have taken it as a sign.
It's safe to say, I will not be using buttercream icing to decorate a cake until I'm safely out of my first trimester. I'm not even going to try. I can still smell the icing. [Shivers]. I had to come home and take a steaming hot shower just to help ease the smell... but it was stuck. No leaving the sinus caveties. So, thus, there was only one logical fix, take a Phenegran, let it put me to sleep, and hope that I don't dream about my body covered in icing... or the pillow, or my bed, or any inanimate object laying around me. It worked... somewhat.
I fell asleep and I did not dream about icing, but I was still green all the next day. Ugh. Day three (out of 8 weeks) of being green. I'll take it and I seriously can't complain!
Second note: I am greatly appreciative to Mom C for the great pregnancy Bible: What to Expect When You are Expecting! However, I must caveot this by saying, skip the first oh, 10 chapters. The book is awesome, and I'm sure I will reference it many times in the next 7 months. But I have to skip the parts about "what could happen" or "how you may change or feel sick." Frankly, it's like reading the 4 page tissue-paper thin, microscopic-print side effect sheets that comes with your pharmacy meds. You don't read them... it's useless knowledge that is summed up on the side of your medicine bottle. The important side effects are listed and the drug interactions. 'Nuff said. WTEWYAE lists every possible side effect, drama, and thing you can't do while pregnant. Ok, I realize you can't drink a case of Red Bull or swim with sharks and you may want to lay off the raw oysters... but umm... I'm not giving up deli meat, nor will I stop drinking my morning diet coke. Am I worried what it will do to the baby, yes, but as my doc said, women have been having babies for millions of years, caffeine has been around almost as long--it's not going to hurt, when consumed in moderation. 30 years ago women smoked, 60 years ago, women planted in the fields, 100 years ago few women had doctors, prenatal vitamens, or handy dandy pregnancy books. Eat right, take it slow, take a nap if you need it, don't eat fish sticks at 8 in the morning, and take your vitamens. Until the doctor tells me otherwise, I have to skip the first few chapters and get on to "what to pack for the hospital"! haha.
Friday, August 7, 2009
Mental Note
Posted by Kel at 9:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment