Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter!

Finally! An app so I can blog from my phone (and upload pictures and video!)!! Blogger is blocked at work and I very rarely have the time, nor energy to drag my laptop out once I get home (not to mention, B makes typing on the computer quite difficult!). Hopefully this will streamline the update process.

This Easter was pretty low-key, although the Easter Bunny himself, not so much. ;o) Brooks racked up with trains, cars, stickers, bubbles, play dough, and of course, candy! We spent Easter morning at Sunday Mass, then had a cookout with some close friends (one of Brooks' Nanny's, Kierstan and her boyfriend, Willie (who I actually work with). We had spent the previous night at Susan's celebrating a lump of April birthdays (and Easter too), so we opted to keep Sunday relatively simple.

Brooks seems to be {knocking on wood} feeling a little better, FINALLY. He had his first school pictures today--and I can't wait to see how they turn out! The teacher said he was being shy and refused to look at the camera, so she asked him if he wanted some Skittles, to which he immediately perked up and yelled, "Cheese!" He will do anything for candy. He definitely has his Daddy's sweet tooth!

He is talking more and more (and more) every day. Now you can actually ask him what he did at school (and usually get a reply) and he strings 3-4 words together to form small fragmented sentences. He is quite the little ham and knows just what buttons to push--and how far. This past Friday was my off-Friday and Brooks and I were laying in bed. I asked him if he wanted to call Daddy (meaning on the phone, of course), but he said, "uh huh" and then yelled, "Dad!" and laughed. :-)

He has learned the words "me" and "mine" and is starting to talk in third person some ("Brooks go outside"). He is a whiz with electronics, especially the remotes, DVD player, CD player, and our iPhones. As bad as it sounds, we are seriously considering buying him an iTouch just so he can (safely) play his games and watch Netflix without attempting to call random co-workers (who I really care not to talk to at 9pm!).

With that, I will finally leave you with some pictures (if I can get them to work)... And a promise to update more SOON!

0 comments: