With each passing day, Brooks is learning more and more new things--so much, that Todd and I look at each other at least once an evening and say, "did he really just do that?" or "did he just say that?" To say Brooks is a soaking up each and every element of every day is the understatement of the century. He is learning many new things--some good--some not-so-good--but, we look on with amazement nonetheless.
He still doesn't say a lot. He does a lot of pointing, grunting, and frusterated "signs". He knows the actual signs for milk, more, all done, juice, etc., and uses those... but his favorite new game is to make Mommy/Daddy guess what he wants. We've started refusing to give him anything he points to (more or less) in an effort to get him to talk, and while it works some of the time, other times is just starts a fit. He has learned to say "up" regularly though, rather than tugging at your shirt and grunting. Such a man! :)
Although he doesn't talk consistantly, he does say quite a few things and his vocabulary is ever expanding. His newest words include bubble, bath, Oscar (the Grouch), clue (Blues Clues), out, and Elmo. I know there are others, but off the top of my head, those are the ones he says on a regular basis... but never on command (or when you want him to tell it to someone else).
He has a newfound addiction to the Wiggles and Blues Clues, but still loves Mickey Mouse and Elmo (almost) as much as he has all along. The Wiggles will cure any fit, so I consider them numero uno on his favorites list. He loves to "cook" and plays with his kitchen or in the real kitchen for a large portion of the day. He will stir and stir and then make you taste what ever he's cooking. When he hands you the spoon he'll smack his lips and say, "num, num, num". His very much into hide and seek too. He loves to hide and jump out and say "boo."
We've had to start giving him breathing treatments twice a day because he's been wheezing pretty good (Mommy has too, so it must be something in the air)... and he's starting showing definite signs of Daddy's eczema. We go back to the doctor this Friday for his 16 month check up (we're still a month behind from his doctor's maternity leave), so we'll see if she has any other remedies other than the Hydrocortisone cream we've been using. It doesn't seem to bother him too much, but he'll occasionally scratch at his thighs--they are by far the worst, but he's also got it on his right arm and his back. Poor Lil Guy, got it from both sides! :(
When he went to the doctor about his wheezing he was at 26 pounds exactly... he's still a TALL, skinny little booger, which I LOVE. He's still in 12-18 month shorts/pants and in 24-2T shirts or onsies.
Aside from that, we are now on Nanny number three... as the second had to be let go after medicines started going missing from the house--and stories didn't quite add up. Luckily, a girl that works part-time at Todd's office (and who's house/puppy sat for us before) was looking for more part-time work, so the schedule fit perfect. I just hope she's able to continue (at least until I can stay home full-time) because Brooks is IN LOVE with her. Not that he doesn't love Katie (the great Nanny we've had all along), but I think he has his first crush on Erica. He smiles so big you can see his dimples and he cuts his eyes at her... it's adorable.
Well, I guess that's enough gushing for one post. I will try and post some new pictures on the next round. I have to admit we've neglected the camera lately... Todd and I have both been unbelieveably busy at work for the last month. His will continue until the end of the week and mine will run into September. With that, our afternoon and evenings run together and we hardly remember the weekends (I had to work this Saturday and Todd worked 29 hours straight one day last week). I will be glad when we can slow down and relax!
We miss and love everyone!
Kellie, Todd, and Brooks (and Killian & Lillie)
Monday, August 8, 2011
17 Months
Posted by Kel at 8:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment